Thursday 3 April 2014

The Return


THESE FEET, shod in second hand boots from New Zealand, are once more reunited with beloved Dartmoor soil from which, unaccountably, primroses spring! It is strange and lovely to be home. Our seasons and bodyclocks are all upside-down, and I have a bagful of experiences to unpack still. The journey was incredible, and I have much to tell you. Those tales will come in time. But for now, these feet have taken me back into my working life, and my studio beyond the trapdoor.


My shop is having a long overdue overhaul. All the prints are HALF PRICE for a limited time, so I encourage you to zoom over there and help me spring clean my shelves to make way for new works and prints of a different ilk. Many of these designs will be available here for the last time, so grab them while you can!


I am back in my studio, which has warmth at long last (something we have not been short of these past months in Pacific Summer but, thus spoilt, are now craving even more!) Projects varied and exciting are bubbling away in that kettle. I am returned remade by travel in distant lands, with renewed energy for creating.
More soon. For now, a few words about some things I'm up to over the springing months:

April 18th - Spring Artisan Fayre - Chagford, Devon - 10am - 4.30pm  

I will have a stall of wares here alongside my fellow wonderful artisans Danielle Barlow, Lunar Hine, Virginia Lee, Miriam Boy-HackneyAngharad Barlow, Damien Hackney, Diana Dench, Sonny Parsons and Sharif Adams - there'll be woodcraft, herbcraft, stitchcraft, paintcraft, metalcraft and, of course, tea.
May 17th & 18th - Weird & Wonderful Wood - Wetherden, Suffolk 

I will be proffering wares in my fire-warmed tent as usual this year. Do come along to sample the many wondrous wooden wonders of my favourite fayre of the year.



May 23rd - 25th - Ocmundtune Creative Arts - Okehampton, Devon

This arts weekend boasts many creative delights not to be missed, including a Storytelling of Gypsy Traveller Tales from Eastern Europe by Tom and me on the Saturday, and an all-weekend Art Exhibition where some of my pieces will be on display alongside other (quite incredible) painters from the South West.

19 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome Home! How lovely to return in springtime with all it's delights. Your stove will keep you cosy until our warmer temperatures arrive. I look forward to hearing about your travels.

Giallo Antico said...

Welcome back, Rima! :) Glad to see you again on your blog

Crystaldreamweddings said...

I jumped at the chance of the half price offer, many thanks, and as always I'll be at WWW so see you there. Hope the sale goes well and looking forward to your new re vamped shop.

Anonymous said...

Rima, so glad you've come back from the distant blue to the good red earth - you've been much missed! What magic did you find? Can't wait to hear! V

Nanita said...

Welcome back Rima! One of the best things about traveling is that it enriches creativity and imagination like nothing else :-) x

~Gaiadóttir~ said...

Your blog is just incredibly enchanting! :D <3

Jess said...

I am really intrigued by your new artwork that's 'from a different ilk.' I hope you don't keep us waiting too long! ;)
Jess x

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Rima! You have been much missed. January, February and March have been long and tedious months without your words and pictures. Spring is certainly here now you are back.
I do hope you had a wonderful time with your family and exploring New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. I look forward to hearing about it.
Trisha

Velma Bolyard said...

welcome home, our paths were "close" in february when i was in melbourne… what a treat to immerse yourself in the other side of the world.

Maura said...

Glad you are back safe and sound after such an adventure.

suzi.crockford said...

Hurrah to all of it! x

gz said...

Welcome home.
We were feeling just like you almost exactly a year since. It took me a week to go anywhere without a hat....
and you'll miss Aotearoa just as we do.
it is truly an inspirational place.

kat said...

welcome back to an England spangled with primroses Rima. Glad to see you here again

LittleInsect said...

Welcome home Rima! I've missed your words and pictures, and can't wait to share your adventures...........

Clive Hicks-Jenkins said...

So heart-warming to know that you and Tom are safely home, and that new-shod feet are firmly planted back on Dartmoor soil. We look forward to hearing the tales of far-away.

Louise Lily King said...

Hi Rima, I'm so glad you have returned, I have much missed your posts! Enjoy the primroses....

zooms said...

Home from home, my mind has run on you many times over the past few weeks , wondering how you were and what your travels gave to you both xxx

Helen Bacon said...

Hi Rima..Look forward to reading of travel adventures and new projects!

Acornmoon said...

Happy Home Coming Rima. We have missed you.